Saturday, August 22, 2009

My blog posts are so borinnnnnnggggg.

They work us so hard it's not even funny. Like honestly? I know I've been tested before..but not like this. I've been thrown into something so completely different from anything else.

But I laugh so hard in this house. We have hour long sing a longs as we work.

Yeah..I get to work at 7:30 every day, and we leave between 6 and 7..except for on extra training days, when we leave around 10. That's a long day.

Friday nights are the one possible night when we can chill out and stop thinking about work. It's pretty amazing. Tonight I just wanted to bake for everyone..I've been wanting to for the past 17 days..and I made a gooey butter cake. Cut into 40 pieces..so not everyone got a bite-sized piece, but everyone loved it, and it made me so happy. I love how people were saying I was the best cook ever..it's the easiest thing to make ever. I think it was extra delicious because we roadies live off rice cakes and sandwiches and cans of corn and easy mac.. but I bought some bulk stuff at the grocery store, and I make sandwiches at lunch with turkey, feta cheese and avocado or home-made guacamole. SO GOOD. At night I have lean pockets, and while we're at it..in the morning I have cream of wheat. I quite satisfied with these selections. I'm glad the bulk of this post is about food..I could be talking about how these weeks have affected me as a person, but instead I tell you about my eating habits.

In a similarly shallow vein, we were in downtown San Diego for an event one night and ran into Kipton, the runner-up on The Bachelorette. Needless to say, I was pumped.

Screenings have been booked around Lubbock..and I cannot wait to share this story inside my old schools..inside my church..

That's all I've got for now. It's time for bed.

I am thankful every day that I wake up for those people who have helped me get here, and for those who are so supportive and encouraging.

2 comments:

  1. I, for one, am very interested in your eating habits and don't find find your blog posts boring in the least :)
    love you sisterrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! I hope you find time to rest in the midst of busy-ness!

    ReplyDelete