Sunday, March 01, 2009

a cold Sunday morning at home

Dude, what is up with me? I love alone time. I should get out more? I love people too..I don't get it. I feel like my social habits (or lack thereof) are so crazy this semester. These are some of the known reasons:

a.It's winter..I hibernate. I can't handle the cold. Constantly thinking I should move to south Georgia next year. 
b.I have lots of school work.
c.I'm too poor to get out.
d.I'm wrestling with restlessness. I think my mind has been delving so much into questions of what really matters that it's hard for me to get out and talk about the weather or the latest episode of Lost. (haha, as if that's all that's discussed among people..) But you get the picture.

Anyway, spring is coming soon. And then summer, and then fall and winter, and then I'm done with school forever?

I'm sooooo ready to hit the road with Miss(es) Haley Creel, Kendra Farr and Devree Lewis in less than two weeks. They are my closest lifelong friends, and I will be spending days with them on the road..and in Savannah, Georgia, and at Jekyll Island..which is the most peaceful place I have probably ever sunk my feet into. I can't wait to watch the sunrise, just like last year!

     
I've learned to embrace lots of things this semester. Last post I discussed my new embrace of weirdness! I have also begun to embrace this: I do not, do not, like babysitting. Unless the kids are like over the age of six or seven. I'm a nanny for an 8 year old girl, that's awesome. I've totally got it, and I actually enjoy it. 
I do love younger kids..I'm just not. good. with them. But I really connect with older people. Erica and I went to eat with her Papa (who adopted me, and it made me overjoyed) on Friday, and I just love being around the elderly. I think partly because it's in tune with my constant desire to just slow down.

I have also learned to embrace Gilmore Girls as my roadtrip when I can't afford to go on a daytrip of my own. I watch Gilmore Girls as I clean or as I fall asleep, and it's really like I'm on vacation. I guess it's akin to what book lovers experience when they escape into a novel. (I do love books, but I am not a "book lover.") Gilmore Girls is good for my soul. I would pick a book or tv show that centers around a quaint, small town  rather than a happenin' big city any..and every..day.

My friend Renee..one of my favorite friends, got a job this month with Elite Sports Medicine. It's a pretty awesome position because there's so much room for growth. And Renee loves getting to go and be professional and wear heels. I am so happy that she found this job. And I loved being affirmed that there are people out there that love those kinds of jobs and are made for them. I..am not one of them. I feel as though I'd be fine never wearing heels another day in my life. I hope and pray that the Lord leads me to a job that allows me to experience something new and different each and every day..including new faces to interact with on a daily basis.

A large part of me is very sad to graduate this year.
A large part of me is so excited for what lies ahead.

4 comments:

  1. I'm really jealous you're going to Jekyll, I love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited that you are going to Jekyll and that I get to see your sweet face. And I am okay that you don't like little kids, but you better give my little kid some lovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I guess I won't ask you to babysit! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate your excitement, and it is reciprocated in full.

    ReplyDelete